Ok, so I am not so good at this blog thing! I would love to have the, whats the word I am looking for here.... dedication...devotion....commitment... I guess they all fit...I got it! Insistence! *Note: I was wrong, not insistence, Persistence (Guy helped me out on this one) I guess I should work on it....
Lot's of things have happened of course, it's been a little more than a month since I last wrote and lot's of things are yet to happen as well...
Camera died
My camera seems to have some unknown issues. Tis the reason I have not posted or sent pictures in awhile. Very sad, miss it a lot, many kodak moments have been lost.
Settimana Bianca
Settimana Bianca is the term used here in Italy for a week dedicated to skiing. Isaiah's school offered an organized trip, which I agreed to go to with Isaiah and Isabella, Guy stayed home, he needed to work so that he could go on another trip we have planned. So off we went to Pila, which is located in Valle D'Aosta, the smallest and least populated region in Italy, bordered by France, Switzerland and Piemonte (Region where Turin is in). Pila is gorgeous, the resort was a ski in/out and had amazing views. Completely covered in white. From Pila you can see some of the highest peaks in the Alpine mountains, The Cervino (or Matterhorn), Monte Rosa, Monte Bianco and the Valley of San Bernardo, which was the way Napoleon used to invade Italy. All this info was given to me by my ski instructor! So basically all you do this week is SKI, Isaiah went to a Kids club 9-5, were they group the kids by skiing ability and went out to ski in the morning, back for lunch, then in the afternoon and back for snack and later at 5, I would pick him up. Isabella went to what they call a "Garderie",daycare. I would drop her off at 9:15 and then pick her up at 4:45. I was also grouped with the other 11 people in the resort which had no idea what to do with skiis and poles! We, like Isaiah, had morning and afternoon classes. Isaiah and I found our calling! Skiing! We LOVED IT! Isaiah loved it so much, he even asked his instructor if there were houses for sale in Pila, so that when he had the conversation with me, he could later tell me, that he wanted us to move to Pila, and that I couldn't tell him no, since he had already found out there were houses for sale! It was a wonderful experience which we are both looking forward to doing again, hopefully next time we can all go together.
Judo
Isaiah's Judo gym is full of great people. For Carnevale they gave the kids "Cenci" or "Chiacchiere" (sweet treat eaten during this time of year), which for us Dominicans is like a yaniqueque with sugar and for those of you non Dominicans they are kind of like a flat version of a funnel cake (kind of). For the International Woman's Day they gave all the Moms and the girls, a Mimosa, which is tradition here in Italy. And then lastly since we are approaching Easter and in Lent, they had the Priest of the Santa Maria Novella church go to practice and at the end he blessed us all with holy water. Really a wonderful place to be a part of.
Florence just gets better every day, its even started to warm up and the flowers have started to bloom!
Happy Easter to all.
Love,
Natsha
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment