Thursday, May 27, 2010

Singing Class

So a little bit of history before I do some esplainin about the title line... The first Opera ever written is said to be called "Dafne".  It was written in the Palazzo Tornabuoni by Jacopo Peri in the 1500's.  It was also performed for the first time in the Palazzo in what is called the "Opera Suite".  Ok, so enough history.... The Palazzo is hosting Amanda McBroom, http://www.amcbroom.com/ see here for more info... anyway, she is a great singer, song writer and teacher.  The Palazzo asked her to give signing lessons to the Members and well, while I am NOT a member!  I happen to be the wife of the Dir. of Marketing, and there was barely an open spot where they squeezed me in!  It was probably the most embarrassing moment in my life, I can truly say I was brought COMPLETELY OUT of my comfort zone!  I sang with her and Mary, both are so talented it is unreal!  We sang Amazing Grace and then The Rose, the song she wrote and that Bette Midler made famous.  I was nervous through out the whole time and still probably 15 minutes later!!!  While it was wonderful,  it was also very hard for this shy girl to put it out there!  I wasn't too bad, I actually got some praises.  Oh, so the room we where in, it has amazing acoustics, which is why the classes took place inside that particular suite and probably why "Dafne" was performed there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment