Friday, November 27, 2009

Hair

Isabella has beautiful corn silk hair.  I have been drying her hair with a blow dryer after her baths so she doesn't go to bed with wet hair.  She was hesitant at first and while she still complains she LOVES the end result!  She has the kind of hair I have always wanted.  I barely have to use the brush to dry her hair, her hair is a LOT finer than mine so it dries pretty quickly.  So after we are done, she shows everyone around her hair.   After I dressed her up for Thanksgiving dinner with her dress, tight, shoes etc..  We went down stairs to meet everyone, the first person she started showing off for was for Dimitri, she was twirling her dress around, batting her eyelashes, etc...  So I HAD to take a pic of the two of them!!!


Continuing on with the hair issues.  As some of you may know one of the first things I do when I move anywhere is try to look for a Dominican hair dresser.  Anguilla, I found one.  Greenville, there was a Dominican girl, but she learned in the States so I ended up going to a Colombian, though I have been told by Alex that there is a REAL Dominican hair salon.  Dallas I found one, and now in Italy I tried looking.  I walked into hair salons and ask them if they had a Dominican hair dresser, their answer NO, but anyone can do it.  Yeah, but no thanks.  So after realizing we were going to have dinner at the Four Seasons and knowing my hair was not in a Four Seasons condition, I decided to call a hair salon, make an appointment and see what would happen.  I walk in and I am received by the person that is going to take care of me, she looks African to me, ears pierced like 6 times, two piercings on the lips, even one the back of her neck ( I had to ask her if that one hurt, it looked painful, she said yes by the way and still hurts after 3 weeks. Note for anyone who wants to try that one!).  And her hair is short and afro like. While she is washing my hair she asks me if she is washing to hard, I'm like no, no worries, in my country the scrub a lot harder than this.  So where are you from? she asks.  Dominican Republic. Where? Dominican Republic.  I'm from the Dominican Republic she says.  NO WAY!  And off in Spanish I went! hahaha!  I got what I was looking for without even looking for it.  It's the little things in life that make me happy!!!

One more hair story.  Isaiah. He decided yesterday he wanted me to cut his hair, but not too short.  So I plugged in the razor with the adapter and started.  Thank goodness I started in the back side, because 2 minutes later a popping sound and the razor shuts off, smoke comes out of the razor!  I guess I should have connected a converter to the plug not only an adapter. So I think we will be trying out the local barber shops soon!  Very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment