This weekend we wanted to go to the Boboli Gardens with the kids, but when we got there they were closing in an hour, so we decided to go to the Palazzo Pitti instead. The Palazzo Pitti is where Royalty, the Medici (the most important family in Florence) and even Napoleon used to live. We set off the security alarms a couple of times but all in all the kids behaved pretty well. The first part was an exhibition on stolen artifacts that have been recovered by the Carabinieri (one of the police groups in Italy). Then we moved on to the Pallatine Gallery, which was probably the most difficult for the kids, then the Royal apartments, which were a little better, and then the Modern Art Gallery, and then once we were out the kids started running around outside like crazy!!! I took this picture of Florence from one of the windows.
These are pictures of once we got out of the Palazzo!



Here are some other pics of the weekend. Isaiah saw on the menu of the restaurant below Hamburger, so he gets all excited and tells me to order one for him, with cheese. I tell him I am not sure it comes with a bun, he looks at me kind of weird and asks me what do you mean? Well, things here are not the same. Hamburger might just mean the meat and not the whole thing. I ask the waiter and unfortunately I was correct. No bun, just the meat. So in Sunday, we had lunch with Dimitri and he recommended a place called the American Diner. Isaiah had his Bacon Cheeseburger at last.



This is the Ponte Vecchio at night and the other Ponte beside it! I need to try to get a better pic.

One more picture! Christmas decoration in Florence!


You take some great pictures!
ReplyDelete