Thursday, November 12, 2009

Isabellie in uniform

Today was Isabella's second day at school.  She started on Monday, but unfortunately Isaiah and I got a cold, not a good one.  So lets go back to Monday.  When we got to the school, we dropped off Isaiah and then went to Isabella's side, I walked her in to her room and she was actually very excited, she immediately sat down and began to draw on a piece of paper.  I spent some time talking with her teacher, getting to know each other and in the meanwhile checking in on Isabella.  At one point she was talking the ear off of one of the little boys, but he obviously had no clue as to what she was saying, in fact I'm guessing it wasn't too coherent anyway!  After a little while I went to say goodbye to her, told her I was going to go for a walk and then I would pick her up.  She said goodbye, gave me a kiss and waved me goodbye.  I couldn't believe it!  I thought she was going to be a lot more difficult.  Since her precious Pachy (teacher in Cap Cana) wasn't going to be there I was sure she was not going to want anything to do with it. So I made a couple of errands and two hours later went to pick her up.  She was talkative, saying she had a good time, she drew, she talked but she didnt get to read!  I promised her that she would get to read the next day.  Little did I know!  So to continue the story, I had heard that "This is it", the Michael Jackson movie of the last footage of his rehearsals was playing IN ENGLISH at a movie theater close to the Palazzo.  We all went, us, the Purpora's and Dimitri.  It would have been an amazing tour and while it was great to watch and revisit his songs it was also very sad to know that all the hard work we were watching were not shared with the millions of people that it was meant to be shared with and also of course that the talented, music and dance genius we were watching was no more.  In Isaiah's words:  "To bad I didn't get to meet him before he died."  Well when we got home, both Isaiah and I had fevers.  That night things worsened for both of us, while our fevers disappeared our coughs and general yucky feeling worsened.  That morning the kids did not go to school, in fact they were pretty much left to do what they wanted, cause I was in bed feeling awful.  At one point the joined me until Guy came home for lunch, only to find as all in bed with two sick people, so he left to get the sick people some soup!  The next day wednesday, while Isaiah was doing a lot better, I still wasn't so they didn't go to school again.  Today was another day, I woke up feeling great (well, sleepy, but that isn't unusual) and both kids were off to school.  Since Isabella had had such a wonderful day on Monday, one of her teachers and I decided that I was going to leave her until noon.  When I went to pick her up, she jumped for joy and was crying of the excitement to see me.  The teacher says she didn't have a good day, she kept expecting me to show up and was very clingy and crying a lot.  So tomorrow, we are back to square one.

I did get my cell phone today! So for anyone who would like to call me someday the number is 011393346863890.

So that is the story of our last couple of days.  Below is a picture of Isabellie in her uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment