Wednesday, November 4, 2009

School Begins

Isaiah has started school! It was very difficult getting up this morning for Isaiah, Isabella and myself, we are still NOT on Italy time! But we made it! Isaiah was very nervous and kept on asking me how long I was going to be there, and how long he was going to be there. When we got to the school, Mother Carol suggested he stay only till snack time, so Isabella and I went to a Cafe. It was VERY cold and VERy rainy, not the pouring hard down rain that then stops, but that persistent drizzle that just doesn't go away! We waited there for almost 2 hours and then made the trek up to Sacro Cuore. Anyone been to Lombard street? Well, that's how you get to the school, it's one uphill curve after an other until you get to the building, which has probably been there forever! When he came out he was smiling and happy. Said he liked it a lot. He didn't understand almost anything but he still liked it. I must clarify that when he came in in the morning, there was a sign on his door that said "WELCOME ISAIA" (italian spelling of his name). He also explained to me that the teacher had him draw most of the day, so we shall see what happens once he starts doing real work!!! Isabella wont start until next week. Every time I mention school, she mentions Pachy (her teacher in Cap Cana) and when I tell her she won't be there se says she isn't going to school. So I have a feeling Isabella will not be as easy as Isaiah...... but when has she ever been!

Had an amazing dinner at Angelino's tonight, with Dave, Beth, and the kids and Dimitri. Isaiah loved having kids his age to play around with and talk to. Isabella is still eating like food is going out of style! It's amazing. Can't blame her though, it's not like food is bad here! Really need to start exercising!

No comments:

Post a Comment